- Reader memories stirred by website stories
- Richard M. Miskimen: Airman’s wife tells of tragic loss
- Ernest Wilson: Recounts injuries and cold ocean drama.
- Ditching of Flight 923 is an Atlantic ‘First’
- Skip Davidson: I knew it was swim or die.
- A watery grave was not to be — the Henrich family
- John D. Murray: Fate of 76 lives in Captain’s hands
- World Crises Build in September 1962
- Forgiven Disaster: Carol Hansen and the Ditching of Flying Tiger 923
- Betty Sims Cannin memorial is located in Michigan
- 43,943 views
Author Archives: Fred Caruso
Reader comments suggest the value of this effort: * * * * * Barbara Murray, email@example.com Hi there! I am Barbara Murray, daughter of John Murray. What an amazing story! And you know my dad and mom never really explained … Continue reading
Philadelphia Enquirer, Tuesday morning, Sept. 25, 1962 – “Sunday night’s ditching of a Flying Tiger Constellation off the coast of Ireland was the first successful “controlled” water landing in the Atlantic by a U.S. scheduled airline since the carriers began … Continue reading