- Restoration Clubs Keep the Super Constellation Alive
- Robert Eldred: “The hand of God was at the controls of the plane.”
- Flying Tiger 923 and the Raging North Atlantic – A Video
- Reader memories stirred by website stories
- Richard M. Miskimen: Airman’s wife tells of tragic loss
- Ernest Wilson: Recounts injuries and cold ocean drama.
- Ditching of Flight 923 is an Atlantic ‘First’
- Skip Davidson: I knew it was swim or die.
- A watery grave was not to be — the Henrich family
- John D. Murray: Fate of 76 lives in Captain’s hands
- 46,953 views
Category Archives: new combat troopers
George Christodal was an 18-year-old paratrooper with a slightly more privileged occupational specialty than the combat troopers aboard FT923. He was trained in cryptography (secret coding) as a matter of chance assignment, or as he would say, by the toss … Continue reading
News reporters were gathered on the tarmac of the new Cork Airport, each one of them wanting to snatch a survivor for an interview before medical personnel could get to them. Two Royal Air Force helicopters were alternately landing with … Continue reading
It might have been a matter of luck, just sitting in the right seat at the right time. Private John Toole of Montgomery, Alabama, says he was very lucky and escaped from the crash of the Flying Tiger with no … Continue reading
Frank David Bazell, Van Nuys, California, was one of the lucky 48 who survived the ditching of Flying Tiger 923 that dreadful night of September 23, 1962. He made it out of the destroyed airplane, battled the frigid gale-driven waves … Continue reading