- Reader memories stirred by website stories
- Richard M. Miskimen: Airman’s wife tells of tragic loss
- Ernest Wilson: Recounts injuries and cold ocean drama.
- Ditching of Flight 923 is an Atlantic ‘First’
- Skip Davidson: I knew it was swim or die.
- A watery grave was not to be — the Henrich family
- John D. Murray: Fate of 76 lives in Captain’s hands
- World Crises Build in September 1962
- Forgiven Disaster: Carol Hansen and the Ditching of Flying Tiger 923
- Betty Sims Cannin memorial is located in Michigan
- 43,503 views
Category Archives: passengers
M/S Celerina rescues 48 survivors of airplane catastrophe “SOS from Valentia radio = following from Shannon Airport . . . at 2220 GMT the Super Constellation Flying Tiger N6923C began with preparations for ditching at 54 North 24 West at … Continue reading
News reporters were gathered on the tarmac of the new Cork Airport, each one of them wanting to snatch a survivor for an interview before medical personnel could get to them. Two Royal Air Force helicopters were alternately landing with … Continue reading
Sgt. Melvin Baney was headed for a new assignment in Europe. He had recently re-enlisted and was promoted with a new assignment. He was slowly moving up in ranks as a career military man. It could have been a happy … Continue reading