- Mother and two children lost in raging sea
- Air Force Captain reflects on ditching-day horror
- Reader comments generate new leads and information.
- Paul R. Stewart – Lifted off rescue ship at Antwerp, Belgium
- Restoration Clubs Keep the Super Constellation Alive
- Robert Eldred: “The hand of God was at the controls of the plane.”
- Flying Tiger 923 and the Raging North Atlantic – A Video
- Reader memories stirred by website stories
- Richard M. Miskimen: Airman’s wife tells of tragic loss
- Ernest Wilson: Recounts injuries and cold ocean drama.
- 52,093 views
Category Archives: passengers
RE Post: About this site. By Ken Skelton Two survivors, Frank Ruffalo and Sam Vasquez, reunited at my home in Arizona today (May 11). Would you like a photo of them? [Editor’s Note: “Yes, certainly!”] * * … Continue reading
Retired Army Captain Robert C. Eldred was one of the 17 survivors evacuated from the Swiss rescue ship Celerina by RAF Helicopter. He was interviewed on the tarmac of the new Cork Airport as rescue teams transported the injured to … Continue reading
M/S Celerina rescues 48 survivors of airplane catastrophe “SOS from Valentia radio = following from Shannon Airport . . . at 2220 GMT the Super Constellation Flying Tiger N6923C began with preparations for ditching at 54 North 24 West at … Continue reading