- Reader memories stirred by website stories
- Richard M. Miskimen: Airman’s wife tells of tragic loss
- Ernest Wilson: Recounts injuries and cold ocean drama.
- Ditching of Flight 923 is an Atlantic ‘First’
- Skip Davidson: I knew it was swim or die.
- A watery grave was not to be — the Henrich family
- John D. Murray: Fate of 76 lives in Captain’s hands
- World Crises Build in September 1962
- Forgiven Disaster: Carol Hansen and the Ditching of Flying Tiger 923
- Betty Sims Cannin memorial is located in Michigan
- 43,519 views
Category Archives: rescue teams
Galley Head Lighthouse is the home one of the 50th anniversary memorials dedicated on September 23, 2012. On reporting the memorial activities at Galley Head, it was stated that “the lighthouse ceased functioning with the advent of global positioning satellites, … Continue reading
M/S Celerina rescues 48 survivors of airplane catastrophe “SOS from Valentia radio = following from Shannon Airport . . . at 2220 GMT the Super Constellation Flying Tiger N6923C began with preparations for ditching at 54 North 24 West at … Continue reading
Refusal of US to Require Lights Weighed as Factor in Airliner Death Toll By Richard Witkin for wire services From the New York Times The role played by a flashlight in the rescue of survivors of the airliner crash in … Continue reading
YouTube Video: Flying Tiger 923 and Raging North Atlantic Gale force winds whipped the icy North Atlantic some 500 miles off the west coast of Ireland. Ocean swells rose up to 35 feet high and waves between 10 to 15 … Continue reading