- Welcome to our site, created as a memorial to Flight 923 . . .
- Ahern Recalls Cold War Ditching of Flying Tiger 923
- Others Have Experienced Flying Tiger #923
- 81,814 Views Give Meaning to FT923
- New Book About Flying Tiger 923 Under Contract! Release Anticipated in 2018!
- It is time for Thanksgiving and this is my thanks!
- A look at the web site record
- Peter Foley tells the world of the demise of Flying Tiger 923
- Trooper survivor memorializes Flying Tiger 923 in leather
- Life raft story stirs reader responses
- 87,660 views
Author Archives: Fred Caruso
This is a memorial to to all of those who lived through the crash, all of those who perished and to the hundreds of others who gave their time and skills in locating and rescuing the survivors. We are speaking … Continue reading
Cold War Casualties by Garry Ahern, Dublin Ireland On a late-September Sunday afternoon, I was a member of a small crowd gathered at Galley Head Lighthouse in West Cork. We were there for the unveiling of a plaque to … Continue reading
Other readers who were not directly involved in the fatal crash of September 23, have experienced Flying Tiger Lines. All of them, of course, had the experience of flying and landing safely**. Following are reports of flights on the same … Continue reading
Memories . . . Readers have asked why the mid-Atlantic ditching of Flying Tiger 923 on Sept. 23, 1962, is virtually unknown? Publicity at the time of the crash was very minimal and what there was disappeared very quickly. … Continue reading
The late Capt. Murray’s son-in-law, Eric Lindner, has just signed a book contract with Lyons Press to expand on the history of Flying Tiger 923. Eric has been close to the subject of the demise of Flying Tiger 923 for … Continue reading
This is a reawakening of our Flying Tiger 923 memorial site, some two years since my last posting. It happens to be Thanksgiving Day 2016, November 24, and in large measure because of this memorial website, I can say from … Continue reading