- Flying Tiger Flight 923 Makes it to the World-wide Encyclopedia Wikipedia
- Former Aer Lingus Pilot Recalls Flying Tiger Ditching
- Friendship Postcard Reaches its Target After 55 years in Safekeeping
- The Numbers: 923 — 923
- More than 90,500 views!
- About this site . . . an update
- Ahern Recalls Cold War Ditching of Flying Tiger 923
- Others Have Experienced Flying Tiger #923
- 81,814 Views Give Meaning to FT923
- New Book About Flying Tiger 923 Anticipated in Late 2018!
- 95,445 views
Category Archives: flight crew
M/S Celerina rescues 48 survivors of airplane catastrophe “SOS from Valentia radio = following from Shannon Airport . . . at 2220 GMT the Super Constellation Flying Tiger N6923C began with preparations for ditching at 54 North 24 West at … Continue reading
Refusal of US to Require Lights Weighed as Factor in Airliner Death Toll By Richard Witkin for wire services From the New York Times The role played by a flashlight in the rescue of survivors of the airliner crash in … Continue reading
YouTube Video: Flying Tiger 923 and Raging North Atlantic Gale force winds whipped the icy North Atlantic some 500 miles off the west coast of Ireland. Ocean swells rose up to 35 feet high and waves between 10 to 15 … Continue reading
A Memorial Poem For the “Big Bird” Flying Tiger Flight 923 By Garret Ahern, Dublin, Ireland ‘Big Bird’ Out from New Jersey, Big bird spreading wings, Trundling east-ward, in War-cold nineteen-sixty-two. Three-score souls and ten- And more aboard, Service by … Continue reading