- Flying Tiger Flight 923 Makes it to the World-wide Encyclopedia Wikipedia
- Former Aer Lingus Pilot Recalls Flying Tiger Ditching
- Friendship Postcard Reaches its Target After 55 years in Safekeeping
- The Numbers: 923 — 923
- More than 90,500 views!
- About this site . . . an update
- Ahern Recalls Cold War Ditching of Flying Tiger 923
- Others Have Experienced Flying Tiger #923
- 81,814 Views Give Meaning to FT923
- New Book About Flying Tiger 923 Anticipated in Late 2018!
- 95,445 views
Tag Archives: Celerina
After five days at sea on the Swiss freighter Celerina, 27 survivors of the crash of the ill-fated Flying Tiger 923 were able to stand on solid ground at the docks of Antwerp. For those who got off the ship … Continue reading
To many of the survivors of Flying Tiger 923, the name of the Swiss ship, Celerina, means “rescue, safety. survival and life.” But what is the true meaning of the name? Immediately after the ditching in late September 1962, … Continue reading
Our friend and fellow Flying Tiger survivor, Sammy Vasquez of Phoenix, Arizona, sent us two group photos taken aboard the Celerina on the final leg of the journey, following the airlift of 17 to Ireland. We have been able to … Continue reading
In the chaos of foam of the sea and the wave crests, suddenly appears in a small clear light, certainly that of a torch in hand. On it we direct cone reflectors that reveal a life raft captured between the waves that … Continue reading