- Flying Tiger Flight 923 Makes it to the World-wide Encyclopedia Wikipedia
- Former Aer Lingus Pilot Recalls Flying Tiger Ditching
- Friendship Postcard Reaches its Target After 55 years in Safekeeping
- The Numbers: 923 — 923
- More than 90,500 views!
- About this site . . . an update
- Ahern Recalls Cold War Ditching of Flying Tiger 923
- Others Have Experienced Flying Tiger #923
- 81,814 Views Give Meaning to FT923
- New Book About Flying Tiger 923 Anticipated in Late 2018!
- 94,836 views
Tag Archives: Fred Caruso
Fifty years after the crash of Flying Tiger 923, it is astonishing to see how little was known by the survivors of the event that very nearly took their lives. No one had an opportunity to see all of the … Continue reading →
by Fred Caruso (aka Irish O’Caruso) September 23, 2012 marked the 50th anniversary of the crash of Flying Tiger Flight 923, when the Army-chartered aircraft was forced to ditch in the North Atlantic in the dark of night during a raging … Continue reading →
Some survivors wrote letters to describe the crash of Flying Tiger 923. One such letter was written the day following the disaster, September 24, 1962, while still at sea aboard the Swiss rescue ship, The Celerina. Pvt. Fred Caruso, newly graduated … Continue reading →