- Former Aer Lingus Pilot Recalls Flying Tiger Ditching
- Friendship Postcard Reaches its Target After 55 years in Safekeeping
- The Numbers: 923 — 923
- More than 90,500 views!
- About this site . . . an update
- Ahern Recalls Cold War Ditching of Flying Tiger 923
- Others Have Experienced Flying Tiger #923
- 81,814 Views Give Meaning to FT923
- New Book About Flying Tiger 923 Anticipated in Late 2018!
- It is time for Thanksgiving and this is my thanks!
- 94,250 views
Category Archives: Uncategorized
This is a reawakening of our Flying Tiger 923 memorial site, some two years since my last posting. It happens to be Thanksgiving Day 2016, November 24, and in large measure because of this memorial website, I can say from … Continue reading
Paul Stewart of Fisco, Texas surprised three of his fellow survivors with beautiful mementos of Flying Tiger 923. They were in the form of round table coasters etched in leather. The lucky recipients were former paratrooper Gordon Thornsberry of Russellville, … Continue reading
A tiny village in the Swiss Alps was the site of a reunion on July 18th of a North Atlantic airplane crash survivor and two of his rescuers. The village of Celerina welcomed Fred Caruso, Pierre-Andre Reymond and Walter Wunderlin who … Continue reading
Restoration clubs around the world are beginning to bring the Super Constellation back to life with hard work by a lot of volunteers and funds provided by generous sponsors. A Swiss friend of “Flying Tiger 923”, Peter W. Frey, an … Continue reading
Retired Army Captain Robert C. Eldred was one of the 17 survivors evacuated from the Swiss rescue ship Celerina by RAF Helicopter. He was interviewed on the tarmac of the new Cork Airport as rescue teams transported the injured to … Continue reading